Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Engineering 2007-2012
University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Graduated May 2012.
- Dean’s Honour List for 6 out of 8 semesters.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.32.
- Course list
Kindred Systems: Sr. Software Engineer ~ October 2016 - Present
- Software systems design.
- Robotics and AI software integration.
- Implementation and advocacy for DevOps practices.
Rakuten Kobo: Sr. Manager Engineering in Big Data ~ April 2015 - October 2016
- Team lead of the Big Data Engineering team.
- Managed team of 3 software engineers.
- Responsible for design and productization of new projects and maintenance of existing ones.
- Support the Big Data research teams.
- Strong focus on systems design, testing, deployment.
Rakuten Kobo: Systems Engineer in Big Data ~ November 2013 - April 2015
- eBook Content Analysis in real-time pipeline.
- Website personalization backend.
- Optimization of the Top 50 calculations for relevance and conversion.
- A/B testing of all projects targeting revenue growth.
- Hadoop cluster maintenance.
Altera: Software Engineer ~ May 2012 - October 2013
- Developed CAD algorithms for “clustering” phase of FPGA design flow.
- Algorithmic tuning and benchmarking for performance and quality.
- Maintained module within large scale C/C++ application.
AMD: Physical Design Engineer ~ May 2010 - August 2011
- 16 month internship.
- Developed program to fix chip layout for power connectivity issues.
- Experience using commercial physical design tools and APIs including OpenAccess.
- Experience writing large scale, high performance Python code.
- Responsible for timing closure for numerous clocks.
- Responsible for library preparation.
University of Toronto: Department of Forestry ~ Summers of 2008, 2009
- Developed software to model fire growth and spread in Canadian forests.
- Collaborative software development in Perl and C using Git version control.
- Large scale modular project, designed for components to be replaced and extended.
- Developed extensive graphical user interface frontend.
- Wrote extensive graphical front-end applications using C and GTK.
- Wrote a multi-threaded burn probability application using growth model.
- Created validation and testing utilities.
- Administrated mail and web server running Red Hat Linux.
- Machine Learning 94.6%
Coursera, Stanford University ~ April-June 2014
- VLSI CAD: Logic to Layout 97.6%
Coursera, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ~ March-May 2013
- Introduction to Cryptography 100%
Coursera, Stanford University ~ March-May 2012
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence 81.4%
Udacity, Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig ~ October-December 2011
Programming: Python, Java, C, C++, C#, Csh, Bash
Utilities: Docker, Debuggers, Subversion, Git, Doxygen, UNIX Tools
Operating Systems: Linux, Android